If you can’t find the answer to your question below, please call us on 9361 3206. We’d be happy to help.
Photo Hendriks is serious about protecting your privacy. We value and respect our professional relationships with our clients, staff and other individuals with whom we deal, and we respect their desire for privacy.
In handling your personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act (as amended). This policy sets out how Photo Hendriks collects, stores, uses, discloses and otherwise handles your personal information. This policy may be updated from time to time.
What personal information does Photo Hendriks collect and why?
Personal information is information about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its services and/or products, Photo Hendriks may collect your personal information.
Generally, the kinds of personal information Photo Hendriks collects are:
- contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone/mobile numbers and email address;
- credit card and other banking information for the purpose of facilitating payment to Photo Hendriks for services and/or products provided;
- images of you contained in photographic materials
In some circumstances Photo Hendriks may also hold other personal information provided by you.
How does Photo Hendriks collect personal information?
Generally, Photo Hendriks collects your personal information directly from you, through
- the completion of a manual or online form, such as the Photo Day order envelope.
- an interaction or exchange in person, such as through a face-to-face meeting, or by way of telephone, facsimile, email, post or through the use of the Photo Hendriks website.
There may be occasions when Photo Hendriks collects your personal information from other sources such as from
- third parties with which Photo Hendriks does business;
- an information services provider;
Generally, Photo Hendriks will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
Why does Photo Hendriks need your personal information?
Photo Hendriks collects, holds and uses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- providing to you personalised photography services and photography products, including processing your orders and dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative and business management purposes; and
- carrying out market and product analysis.
Photo Hendriks may also use your personal information, including your image, quotes or other information for inclusion with our marketing materials, where you have consented to such use.
Also, Photo Hendriks may use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect Photo Hendriks to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Photo Hendriks takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Photo Hendriks. However, without certain information from you, Photo Hendriks may not be able to provide its services and/or products to you.
Does Photo Hendriks disclose/sell your personal information?
Photo Hendriks will not disclose nor sell your personal information to any third party for any reason, except if required by law.
Security of your Personal Information
Photo Hendriks takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Photo Hendriks holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff. On-line credit card details are processed and secured by a Third Party. Please see SecurePay Pty Ltd.
Photo Hendriks will destroy personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Photo Hendriks is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
Please direct all privacy complaints to Photo Hendriks on 9361 3206. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Photo Hendriks.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.